Lucky Col
Dance as though nobody's watching, love like it's never going to hurt

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Not Crazy

Following my rant about the current state of British music and just to prove, even if it's only to myself, that I'm still 'hip', 'with it' & 'down with the kids', I've got to say how pleased I am with a current spate of music hitting the shelves over the next week or so:

Dirty Pretty Things are basically the talented ones out of The Libertines, i.e. the ones who didn't f**k themselves up with ugly, skinny has-beens & Columbia's biggest export. "Bang Bang You're Dead". Superb.

The Raconteurs, The White Stripes with instruments.

Hard Fi, "Better Do Better", probably the best song from DEFINITELY the best album of last year. If you don't own "Stars of CCTV", BUY IT NOW. If you do, LISTEN TO IT NOW. (This subliminal stuff is easier than I thought)

The Kooks "Naive". From the album "Inside In/Inside Out", which also contains "Eddies Gun" & "Sofa Song". Fantastic.

Buy them all, download them all, knock "Crazy" off the top of the hit parade.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



<< Home