Lucky Col
Dance as though nobody's watching, love like it's never going to hurt

Friday, June 30, 2006

Clean sweep incorrect, let's hope so

Whenever I go in my bookies, he always picks up the phone. I would like to think that this is because he's spreading his losses to me around other establishments. But it's not. I walk in, he gets a bigger car, that's how it works.

At the start of the World Cup, along with others, I stuck my neck out and made my predictions.

On a player level, I'm pretty much spot-on. Peter Crouch did indeed score after missing loads (Trinidad & Tobago), when the going got tough Harry Kewell disappeared again and Gary Neville hasn't shut up all tournament, although thankfully that's been down to his injury which has stopped him from playing. Every cloud ......

However, ALL my team predictions have gone south, Mexico to go out early ? No, not really. Angola to get through ? Nope. Germany to go out in the second round ? No. Czech Republic to get to the semis ? No, no & no!

The only one left is the prediction that England will go out in the Quarter Finals on penalties.

Here's hoping for a clean sweep. The bookie can keep my 10 pence.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



<< Home