Lucky Col
Dance as though nobody's watching, love like it's never going to hurt

Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Tony Wilson

I've been a huge New Order fan since way back. I was also lucky enough to spend most weekends circa 1989 - 1991, the height of Madchester, with a friend up in Manchester so knew all the best places to go, the clubs, the bands and especially the Hacienda.

I bought a bootleg tape of New Order's appearance at the Reading Festival (I was there, so that's OK in my book) and will always have the sound of Tony Wilson introducing New Order on behalf of Jeff the Chef.

The film 24-Hour Party People, while not being 100% accurate, is a fantastic piece of cinema and a worthy epitaph. If you've not seen it, and you claim any interest in music, then search it out.

I'm not from Manchester, but I know that without Tony Wilson, my life would have been, and would continue to be, less interesting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



<< Home