Lucky Col
Dance as though nobody's watching, love like it's never going to hurt

Friday, March 03, 2006

Reason to visit a psychiatrist

I'm not American, I'm not mentally disturbed and I wasn't breast fed until the age of 25, so the reasons for me feeling the need to visit a psychiatrist are slim.

Until today.

When I was a young boy, my primary school had a fete every year. For the school kids, this was quite a big event, the best bits of work displayed in the hall, pop for sale in the play-ground and the chance to soak the headmaster with wet sponges.

One year, I was on a mission. The year before had seen me finish third in the annual fancy dress competition, dressed as a prisoner complete with ball & chain. But this one year was to be my year, nothing was going to keep me from the top honour. Silver costume completed by me mam, spray painted silver pumps and even a chest wig borrowed from god knows where;

Tonight Matthew, I'm going to be Gary Glitter!

It all seemed so innocent back then, I was a young impressionable school-boy, and Gary was the leader of the gang.

If ever I needed a reason to inflate a psychiatrists bank balance further, this has to be it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



<< Home