Lucky Col
Dance as though nobody's watching, love like it's never going to hurt

Tuesday, May 30, 2006

It can't come soon enough

Sometimes you have to endure severe hardships to appreciate the good things in life. Saving for a once-in-a-lifetime holiday, for example, or the period of upheaval when you have some major structural change to your house.

On a similar note, before the month of nirvana that is World Cup 2006, not only do we have to endure the annual tedium of Big Brother, but now ITV have stepped up (down, surely) to the mark with Celebrity X Factor.

The usual list of celebrity nobody's and has-beens, trying their hand in a 'doing it for charity, but really I'd like to rekindle my career' kind of way.

The last I heard, Paul Daniels was supposed to be leaving the country if Labour got into power. It was one of the major reasons I voted for them.

As well as the midget magician and his salaried wife, there's the pig-bothering half-wit slapper, the soap star who obviously wants a pop career 20 years too late, the women who makes a career from telling people to eat better by informing them that their s**t smells (get away) and the glamour model trying to prove to herself that she's more than just a big chest.

But I'm destined to watch the lot.

What choice do I have ?

If I put my foot down now and demand the TV is turned over, by the time South Korea v Togo comes along, I wouldn't have a leg to stand on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



<< Home