Lucky Col
Dance as though nobody's watching, love like it's never going to hurt

Friday, May 11, 2007

No More New Order

Bad news if this is true, probably my favourite band of the last 25 years.

Hard to think that there will be no more new stuff, their recent material was as good, if not better, than some of their more well known back catalogue.

Standing in a field at the Reading Festival in 1989, the light show, the lasers picking out the swirling patterns from the smoke machines, the Tony Wilson introduction, probably the best live version of Blue Monday I've ever heard, a fantastic evening and one I'll never forget.

The singles collection, Substance, released in 1987, is by far and away my desert island disc, I know every single bleep, symbol, note, word, pause, everything. Over the years I've worn out two tape copies and am now onto my third CD set, the others being 'borrowed' along the way.

A sad day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



<< Home