Lucky Col
Dance as though nobody's watching, love like it's never going to hurt

Monday, October 15, 2007

Weekend entertainment

It's the Beer Festival on Friday.

I've got my tickets for Forest on Saturday.

The Rugby World Cup Final is on Saturday night. *

I can't wait.

And it's only Monday !!!!!

* Paulie over at Never Trust A Hippy has some comments about the coming week's activities surrounding the Rugby World Cup Final, and rugby in general.

In general, I think he's got a point. I followed a Nigella Lawson recipe last week, so must be posh.

However, in this particular instance, not being English may be clouding his judgement on this one a little bit.

I've got very little interest in any game that takes place with mis-shaped balls (take your pick from either code of egg-chasing, ice-hockey, curling etc etc) and I've never professed to know the rules of Rugby Union, despite having played the game for three years at one of the strange non-footballing schools Paulie alludes to, but this is a World Cup Final and my country is involved.

Being English may have its faults and 'Englishness' is a subject for a far wider discussion, but this is England in a World Cup Final. Again. And this time they've earned their way through with guts & determination very few gave them credit for at the start of the tournament.

We may not win, and it certainly isn't going to encourage me to go and watch grown men stick their heads up each others backsides for 80 minutes before going into a club to drink each other's p**s, but I'll be watching the game on Saturday night with a beer in my hand surrounded by like-minded individuals because, and for no other reason, it'll be fun.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



<< Home