Lucky Col
Dance as though nobody's watching, love like it's never going to hurt

Friday, February 01, 2008

You can't beat the 80's

On a bit of an 80's trip for the weekend, I was very kindly bought a copy of Ultravox's Monument this week, something I haven't listened to in over 20 years since a friend borrowed my tape copy and chewed it up, his tape player, not him chewing it up. I think that's what happened, but now you come to mention it ......

Ultravox - Lament



Just waiting for Amazon to deliver my copies of the first two Yazoo albums on CD to replace my extremely old vinyl / tape originals. I bought 'You & Me Both' while on an exchange trip in Hamburg. Interestingly, Yazoo are touring this year. It's like one big time-warp.

Yazoo - Nobody's Diary



And finally, I wrote a piece a few months back reflecting on break-ups and their associted soundtracks, how I always wanted to be loved & lost so songs could have a meaning to me. That's b******s, of course, it's a lot better being completely & utterly in love and not to break-up at all. However, sometimes, you have to go through the pain in order to find THE ONE. While this song doesn't have much meaning to me at the moment, it's still a fantastic four minutes of 'play as loudly as possible in your car singing along at the top of your voice' brilliance from ABC. Over produced to perfection by Trevor Horn. Enjoy, and have a good weekend.

ABC - All of my Heart

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



<< Home