Lucky Col
Dance as though nobody's watching, love like it's never going to hurt

Monday, July 17, 2006

The futures not Orange, or anyone else for that matter

I'm not going to get too upset, but why is switching Broadband from one supplier to another such a pain in the a**e ?

Orange still claim that my account was closed in December, and because of that they can't give me a MAC code to seamlessly switch my broadband connection, despite the fact that it was only a month since I was using it without any problem.

But I can't move to another broadband supplier because there is a 'mark' on my phone line that only Orange can remove. A very friendly but, let's face it, obviously very spotty individual, kept me on hold for ten minutes while he spoke to his supervisor, who would have got their job by being slightly less spotty, before telling me he had sent a 'cease form' to BT and I have to wait ten days.

Which is great, had it not been for the fact that this is EXACTLY the same thing they told me two and a half weeks ago when I went through the same process. I fully expect to be having similar conversations in two weeks time.

As a company in competition with other broadband firms, it is clearly NOT in their interests to send any 'cease forms' to BT. If they can't have my custom, why should they let anyone else have it ?

So, if you are thinking about broadband, don't touch Orange with a barge-pole, unless you're happy going with them for the rest of eternity.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



<< Home