Lucky Col
Dance as though nobody's watching, love like it's never going to hurt

Monday, August 07, 2006

Heaven

All dads of a certain age, while attending a birthday party of a friend's 2/3 year old in one of those soft play areas stuck on to the side of pubs, would have had a conversation with the bloke stood next to you. One of you would have turned round to the other and said:

"Why don't they build a place like this for adults ?"


Well, wonder no more.

Twin Lakes in Melton Mowbray has a soft play area FOUR STOREYS HIGH, with all steps, slides and rope bridges fully accessible even to me @ 6'5". I spent the best part of two hours chasing round after my 5 year old while he tried to show me everything there was to see. It took me the best part of 20 minutes to even CATCH A GLIMPSE of my 9 year old, and when I got to where he'd been, he'd gone, like looking for a rare bird in the Amazon jungle.

The kids loved it almost as much as me. And as it was midweek, it was a lot better than being at work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



<< Home