Lucky Col
Dance as though nobody's watching, love like it's never going to hurt

Thursday, September 28, 2006

It's a fair cop, guv, and no mistake # 1

Saturday October 11 2003, England need a draw away in Turkey to qualify for Euro 2004. I'm in Scotland 500 miles from Nottingham, but travelling down, so I need to put my foot down to get back to the Nelson in Old Basford for the mid-afternoon kick-off.

Early November 2003, I received a letter advising me that I'd been caught driving at 84 mph on a particularly barren stretch of the M6 trying to get back to Nottingham in time to see said England game (I did, we drew, we lost on penalties in the finals).

My spot prize was 3 points on my license and a £60 fixed penalty. Bugger.

However, did I complain about it ? No. Did I whinge on about civil liberties ? No. Did it make me slow down while driving ? Damn right.

IdiotUnlike this muppet who thinks that HIS human rights have been violated when HE broke the law when HE was caught speeding. Even Liberty have stepped in. Why shouldn't you be allowed to speed and get away with it is their basic premise.

If we had cameras that stopped gun-crime, no-one would complain. If we had cameras that stopped paedophiles, it would keep your Daily Mail readers happy. But stop a selfish minority driving basically deadly weapons at unsafe speeds around built up areas and there's uproar, campaigns and cases to the courts.

But, they argue, some of the cameras are positioned purely because a lot of people speed and it generates lots of money in fine income. Well, don't speed near them then, idiot, and you won't get caught. A speed camera that stops everybody speeding generates no fine income at all.

Car driving in this country is getting to the same level as owning a gun in the US, somehow people have got it into their heads that when they're in their car, the rest of the country can go to hell. From parents dropping little Timmy off at school parking on double yellows endangering pedestrians to avoid a 200 yard walk from home, to people who think it's acceptable to drive banned with no insurance, all the way through to stuck up tossers like this who think when HE's in HIS car, HE can drive how HE likes, endanger everyone else at will but complain about human rights when HE's caught.

I hope the courts throw HIM out on HIS a**e.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



<< Home