Lucky Col
Dance as though nobody's watching, love like it's never going to hurt

Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Second best Christmas song ever

BBC 6 Music are currently having a debate over whether you can still have decent Christmas records.

Accepting that The Pogues & Kirsty MacColl made the perfect (and now horribly poignant) Christmas single, which song comes in second ?

As much as I dislike The Darkness, their effort a few years back was at least in the right spirit, unlike the 'look at me, its all in a good cause' remake of Band Aid.

Christmas Wrapping by The Waitresses always gets an indie type nod and you can't go wrong with a bit of John Lennon. Jona Lewie's Stop the Cavalry combines Christmas spirit and an anti-war message, so don't expect to hear that on Radio 1 any time this year.

I'm going to stick my neck out and make a bold statement.

As Christmas records go, this (for reasons I don't fully understand myself) will always be one of my favourites.....

2 Comments:

  • Col

    have you lost your mind ?

    What's your No 3, Mariah Carey's "All I want for Christmas" ?

    I Can't argue with the No.1 spot though.

    By Blogger Mac, at 11:55 AM  

  • I know, I know !

    It's just that it makes me feel all Christmassy, a lot more than the usual suspects (Slade etc).

    I could be going deaf in my old age .....

    By Blogger Lucky Col, at 2:35 PM  

Post a Comment



<< Home