Lucky Col
Dance as though nobody's watching, love like it's never going to hurt

Thursday, April 17, 2008

Head in the sand

Thanks to Bristol Rovers winning at Walsall on Tuesday, Forest are at least guaranteed a play-off place.

While remembering that, yes, we are still in a division where I have to give two s**ts about how Bristol Rovers get on away at Walsall, I then have to remember how bad it felt the last two occasions we got to the play-offs.

At one-nill up at half-time away at Bramall Lane in 2003, I remember texting McG stating, and I quote:

next goal wins


Up popped Andy Reid to double our advantage early in the second half and the world was a very rosy place. The world was a very rosy place for about a minute before the wheels came off completely. Car crash television.

Fast forward 4 years to the debacle that was Yeovil. Two goals up with ten minutes to go, .... blah blah blah, not listening, fingers in my ears, blah blah blah.

So, you'll excuse me if I'm trying not to think about it this year.

On another subject, Clownderwood has gone on record this week extolling the virtues of playing with wingers. Well done for spotting something most Forest fans having been banging on about for months now.

What next ? Buying strikers in the transfer window ?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



<< Home