Lucky Col
Dance as though nobody's watching, love like it's never going to hurt

Monday, March 20, 2006

Saturday March 18 / Sunday March 19

As Liz Kershaw reeled off the playlist to her show Saturday morning, I knew it was going to be a good day. When she then plays The Wedding Present (Brassneck), you know it's going to be a good weekend.

Saturday afternoon and another good Forest away win. That's two in a month, almost a habit. Things are looking up in NG2.


All night in the "Best Pub in the World", the Fox & Crown in Old Basford. And what makes the BPitW even better ? Authentic Thai food. Not your boil in the bag, mass produced nonsense, oh no. Fantastic stuff. A pub that brews its own beer, isn't spoilt by an ear-splitting jukebox, has authentic Thai food AND is less than 5 minutes walk.

Sunday morning in Wollaton Park, chasing a football up and down the hill to the hall with my two boys. There's something strangely relaxing about sitting outside in zero degree temperatures drinking milky coffee, looking out over the park, wrapped up to the eyeballs. It seems to me that I must have spent a hell of a lot of time in Wollaton Park, from my parents taking my sister & me there when we were little, me & my mates taking bikes & footballs there, seeing Stiff Little Fingers, The Pogues, That Petrol Emotion all for free and now taking the kids. A cracking place deservingly receiving their share of idiot tax money.

1 Comments:

  • When I was a kid, I was sent to a Natural History class at Wollaton Hall during the summer holidays (to keep me out of the house - I had no interest in it at all).

    The kids all looked a bit swotty and I thought I wasn't going to get on with any of them. They all knew each other and knew someone who didn't give a sh*t about birdwatching when they saw one.

    Then the teacher unveiled some stuffed piece of wildlife and asked if anyone could identify it.

    While all of the twitchers were hesitating... "is it a Lesser Spotted Grebe or a Greater Crested Mallard?" they wondered, my hand shot up.

    "Sir. It's a Duck"

    I left shortly afterwards and found myself even having to play truant in the summer holidays.

    Just thought I'd share that with you....

    By Blogger Paul E., at 3:58 PM  

Post a Comment



<< Home