Lucky Col
Dance as though nobody's watching, love like it's never going to hurt

Friday, September 29, 2006

CD86

From the absolutely fantastic Indie MP3 - Keeping C86 Alive site, news of a CD release of (most of) the seminal NME compilation C86, plus extra tracks.

I had a copy of this on tape which was played so often it literally wore out and snapped, a sad day indeed.

Included are tracks from classic bands such as The Close Lobsters, The Darling Buds, Primal Scream (when they were good, although their last album wasn't bad), The Mighty Lemon Drops and early Soupdragons (when their songs ended before the track length exceeded the two minute mark).

Also included is the Wedding Present track that first got me hooked, This Boy Can Wait, plus probably the best pop record ever made, Therese by The Bodines.

If you never buy another CD again or if you never listen to a blind recommendation I ever make again, go out and get this. Released October 23.

(p.s. I am fully aware of the hypocrisy of this latest post when put against my recent post building up new music. The Indie MP3 site includes MP3's of many modern classics. That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



<< Home