Lucky Col
Dance as though nobody's watching, love like it's never going to hurt

Monday, October 23, 2006

The good stuff

One of the highlights of the Nottingham social calendar is the annual Nottingham CAMRA beer festival. Into its 30th year now and exactly 20 years since I started going as a sweet, innocent 17 year old. This year it was my turn to introduce the pleasures of proper beer to my fledgling 'in-no-way-under-age-honest' brother-in-law. I like to think of it as my contribution to the circle of life thing, you know, like The Lion King.

Plenty of fantastic beer on offer, plus the ever increasing numbers of perries & ciders. Nothing beats walking across bouncy scaffolding erected over a drained swimming pool when you've already had a few.

Highlight for me was an 8% cider matured in rum barrels.

Mmmmmmmmm.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



<< Home