Lucky Col
Dance as though nobody's watching, love like it's never going to hurt

Monday, October 09, 2006

Dust ? Anyone ? Dust ?

Emotionally, I know my strong points, I'm a bright lad, I'm polite, I help family & friends out whenever & wherever I can. I'm also keenly aware of my weaknesses, I can be a bit blunt, I don't mind voicing my opinion and I can't sing for toffee.

Physically, though, it's a different story. In my mind I'm still the slim, fit, 21 year old Adonis I was, well, when I was 21. In my mind I'm thinner than I really am, lighter than I really am and fitter than I really am. In reality, I'm a couple of stone overweight, unfit and have a diet Jamie Oliver could run an entire career from. That's not a good place to be and I can't rely on what has happened to me in the past to cover my laziness any more.

So, the time has come to do something about it.

It's not that hard, surely, eat less c**p, eat more fresh fruit & veg, spend less time lazing in front of the idiot box, do more exercise. Simple.

So, publicly, this is the goal:

  1. Get my weight down to 18 stone by this time next year (yes, that's right, DOWN to 18 stone)

  2. Get fit enough to run the Nottingham half marathon next September (not the full marathon, never run an event where the first person to try it died at the end)

  3. Be able to get my clothes in normal shops in town (and not ones with the words "Big", "Tall" or "Lazy" in the title)

1 Comments:

Post a Comment



<< Home