Lucky Col
Dance as though nobody's watching, love like it's never going to hurt

Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Doesn't time fly ?

Looking back at a couple of old posts, specifically Goose Fair related musings, I came across a very public pledge to fix the ever growing issue of my waistline.

I knew I'd made this promise at some point recently, but as happens when you reach my age, I didn't realise that it was exactly a year ago. [gulp]

So, how did I get on ?

Firstly, Get my weight down to 18 stone by this time next year (yes, that's right, DOWN to 18 stone). Always a tough one to start with and I'll tell you now, not a complete success, but not a complete failure either. In my defence, m'lud, I've had a very strange year (carrying on from the other "strange" years I've had recently). This time last year I thought I was happily married, but it transpires I was wrong because this time this year I'm more than happily separated. Not the sort of scenario to base a successful weight loss regime. However, I have got my weight down to something beginning with 18, which represents a loss of nearly two stone, so not a complete failure.

Secondly, get fit enough to run the Nottingham half marathon next September (not the full marathon, never run an event where the first person to try it died at the end). Did I run ? No. Could I have run ? Probably. Am I a lot fitter than this time last year ? Definitely. The problem with this is the type of training I've been doing. Two lots of Taekwondo a week & an evening of 5-a-side help the blood flow a lot easier (and contribute to the weight loss) but there's been precious little running. I've not given up on the idea for next year, I just need to alter my fitness program a touch.


Finally, some success; be able to get my clothes in normal shops in town (and not ones with the words "Big", "Tall" or "Lazy" in the title). Here's where the story gets a lot lot better. I haven't bought any clothes from Mr Fat & Lazy for over a year now. For the first time in over 15 years I've been able to walk into Burtons / Next / M&S and buy clothes I know are not only going to fit, but also hug my ridiculously shrinking waistline. If anything, I've now got a problem of having a wardrobe full of jeans that seem to hang off my backside requiring a shopping trip of Pretty Woman proportions.

All I need now is Richard Gere to spend an "obscene" amount of money on me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



<< Home