Lucky Col
Dance as though nobody's watching, love like it's never going to hurt

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

No, no, no, enough is enough

Can you remember when the chocolate on the top of a Mars bar was thicker than the rest of the bar ?

Can you remember when Creme Eggs were so big you couldn't get them in your mouth in one go ? *

Or when eating a Marathon took nearly as long as running one ?

Well, if you answered 'yes' to any of those, look away now.

From the BBC:

Manufacturers are being asked to cut the size of chocolate bars, confectionery and cans of fizzy drink to tackle rising rates of obesity.

By 2012, the Food Standards Agency wants chocolate-based snacks such as Mars bars to be no bigger than 50g compared with the current 58g size.


I can get my head round the smoking ban, I've nothing against people smoking in their own environment so long as I don't suffer from it. I can understand the need to properly educate people so they don't fall into an obese lifestyle costing the taxpayer extra cash to help alleviate preventable medical conditions. I understand all that.

But if I want a f***ing Mars bar, I want a f***ing Mars bar, not a watered down, namby-pamby Mars Bar Lite. I want to hear the chocolate crack as I bite into it. I want to feel the gooey goodness slide down my throat, the receptors in my brain fizzing with sugar rush adrenalin.

In short, I don't want things to be ruined just for the sake of a few fat f**kers who, let's face it, will only end up wobbling to the corner shop and buying TWO new Mars bars to make up for the loss in size.

Unless they're bringing in chocolate rationing next, in which case I've got an appointment with the contents of a long thin box in my attic.

* (That might be just me on that one)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



<< Home