Lucky Col
Dance as though nobody's watching, love like it's never going to hurt

Thursday, November 12, 2009

X Factor Stung

It’s nothing new slagging off the X Factor. In fact, this will be my fifth year running (2005, 2006, 2007 & 2008). Maybe I should get a gold watch or something.

Not a week goes by without several of my Facebook friends telling the whole world that there's a couple on this years X Factor who can't hold a tune and if they don't get voted off this week then they'll never watch it again. Before repeating the whole cycle the weekend after.

NEWSFLASH: There's always several crap singers every single f***ing year, yet you don't bang on about them. They're called the finalists. Everyone else didn't even come up to the standard of being s**t.

Some viewers have even gone as far as to say the whole things fixed, keeping someone unpopular in the competition in order to increase the number of votes. I like to call this group of people 'almost intelligent'. You could appreciate the intelligence being shown if only they then still didn't participate. It's a bit like me sticking my hand in the oven when it's on, telling everyone it's hot & burnt my hand, even claiming that the oven was DELIBERATELY hot but then putting my hand in again !! Monkeys !!

However, this year former successful singer & dodgy actor Sting (not his real name) has joined the fray: (From the BBC)

Rock star Sting has called the X Factor "televised karaoke".

The singer, 58, told London's Evening Standard that the Saturday night show was "a soap opera which has nothing to do with music".

He added: "I am sorry but none of those kids are going to go anywhere, and I say that sadly."


No complaints from me, he’s spot on. But he does let himself down a touch:

….. said judges like Simon Cowell have "no recognisable talent apart from self-promotion".


No recognisable talent apart from self-promotion ?

Why now for this interview ?

Got a new album out, have you Mr Sumner ?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



<< Home